Pregnancy is a beautiful phase in a woman’s life. The whole gamut of emotional, physical and mental changes can be overwhelming at times, but it all turns out good at the end of those nine months. Just because you are pregnant and have a protruding belly doesn’t mean you cannot be stylish and fashionable anymore.
In this post, we bring seven amazing maternity styling ideas that you must try during this period of transformation.
- Invest in new activewear. No matter whether you are pregnant or not, you need activewear. This is all about comfort, and you cannot wear those tight tees and leggings anymore. Invest in a good brand like SpeedBump Maternity Activewear that is specially designed for pregnant ladies.
- Simplicity is the key. Maternity wear should make you relaxed and happy, and at the same time, you don’t want to spend a huge amount on clothes that you will only wear for a few months. Go for seamless dresses, tops and outfits that reach your knee. Since you cannot wear shapewear during this time, you need something that doesn’t accentuate the extra fat.
- Layering always works. If you are unsure of what’s looking good on you, go for layered outfits. Adding a shrug can add more dimension to any regular look. You can also invest in trench coats and overcoats that don’t have to fit you perfectly and can be used later, as well.
- Follow the traditional rule. Like everyone else, you know that black and blue are colors that can make you look leaner. Instead of going for bright shades, go for the conventional shades that can reduce your size visually.
- Don’t always wear oversized products. Yes, you are pregnant, but you don’t have to look like balloon. Wear a size that works for your current shape. The outfits you choose should hug your body at the right places.
- Always avoid the bigger prints. Bigger and block prints tend to make you look larger. Go for smaller floral prints that accentuates your shape and adds a more visual element to the entire look. If you are buying maternity sportswear, go for singular colors or a mix of two shades that are subtle and effective at the same time.
- Don’t shy away from colors. Many women believe that dark colors are all they can wear after the first five months, which doesn’t have to be the case. You can include yellows, oranges, greens and everything else, depending on the prints you choose.
Check online for options.